In addition to the normal visa regulations and required documentation , US citizens must have an MFA-approved guide to accompany them for the entire trip and must have an exact itinerary. This generally precludes crossing into Iran at any border, as your guide would have to meet you at the border (Airport). US citizens can apply for a visa at the Iranian Interest Section of the Pakistani Embassy in Washington. To get the visa, US citizens must work in advance with an approved Iranian travel agency (i.e. IncredibleIran.com) to set up a guided itinerary; only then, that travel agency may apply for a visa authorization number from the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Once approved, the authorization number is transmitted to the interest section.
We process dozens of visas for our American guests on a monthly basis and we have made everything easy, all we need from you is the information and we’ll take care of the rest, such as your detailed itinerary and your authorization number.
How to apply:
Please fill the application form below and email it to us.
We also need a copy of the first page of your passport (with at least 6 months validity) in JPG format and less than 100 KB.
Your visa fee is 48 US$. The fee for other persons in your group is 38 US$. If you have chosen one of our tours for your travel it would be free of charge.
Every year many tourists from all over the world travel to Iran and enjoy their trips there. Getting Iran Visa is the first step that is as easy as A,B,C.
Iran Visa requirements:
1) A copy of the first page of your passport (which is at least valid for 6 months)
2) 2 pictures of the applicant
3) A completed Iran visa application form(which is available in our websites)
4) Iran Visa fee or stamp fee (which is the money you pay the government to stamp your passport and differs from one nationality to another. There's a chart below, just find your nationality and the amount of money you should pay.
*Remember, if for any reason you can't get the Iran Visa, which is rare, the money is not refundable.
How to get Iran visa?
You have an authorized tour and travel agency in Iran apply for your visa.
-The agency applies for you as an authorized agency and follows the process until it receives the authorization number or Visa number.
- You will be informed and will receive the number. This step takes some days according to the nationality. For the U.S, Canada and Britain citizens it may take 1 month. For other nationalities,at most 7 to 10 working days if everything goes well.
- You refer to the Iran embassy, which you have mentioned in the application form, with your passport and authorization number.( The notice here is that Americans, British and Canadian citizens should refer to Iran Interest Section Office in Washington)
-There, your passport is stamped and you have the permission to travel to Iran.
- Remember that you have just one month, since you are informed of your authorization number, to stamp your passport.
Your visa is valid for 90 days since the day you have your passport stamped.*
*Consider that if you decide to have an agency apply for you, you would pay some money which is for the services like: writing to the embassy, following the process, calling etc.(this money differs from one agency to another).
VOA or Visa On Arrival:
VOA is another Iran Tourist Visa by which a tourist can get the Iran Visa at the airports of certain cities. We as an authorized agency don’t recommend you to apply for Iran Visa On Arrival for these reasons:
First, this is not a safe way to travel to Iran, because in case your application form is not accepted,for any reason, you have to departure to your country as soon as a flight let’s you.
Second, remember that some airlines don’t let you get in the flight without your visa.
Nationalities mentioned below can't apply for Iran visa on arrival:*
Afqanistan, Pakistan, India, the U.S, the U.K, Canada, Iraq, Jordan, Colombia, Somalia and Bangladesh.
Documents needed for VOA
1: Your confirmed return ticket
2: A photo of the applicant to be attached to the application form
3: Visa fee which is received by the Visa and Passport Office at the airport
* Because this is an Iran Tourist Visa, journalists and reporters need to apply for Press Visa.
Those whose applications for Iran Visa have been rejected before cannot obtain the VOA.*
*Iranians with foreign passports whose nationality is still Iranian cannot apply for VOA.
* These Visas are just for tourists and different from Iran Business Visa, Iran Transit Visa, etc.
* You can stay in Iran just for 30 days with a Tourist Visa and 14 days with a Visa On Arrival.
Iran visa extension
In case you need to stay longer you should apply for Iran visa extension. For this, you should refer to one of Iran Police Offices of Foreign Aliens in major cities below, holding your passport.
Tehran, Shiraz, Isfahan, Tabriz, Mashhad