1) Narcotics and laxatives
2) Explosives, radioactive and inflammable materials or other dangerous materials
3) Items against Islamic moralities
4) Live animals except for honey bees, leeches, silkworms, parasites and bug-busting animals recognized by the institutes
5) Goods forbidden to enter the destination country
6) Items that might cause a danger for post company’s personnel or might hurt the other postal items or equipment, and
7) Private documents corresponded between parties other than the sender or the receiver or any of their family members
Yes, you can find fax facilities in most of the hotels as well as at main post offices in Iran. And, there are a growing number of Internet users in Iran. So, almost all the major hotels provide their guests with Internet facilities and the others are being equipped for the same purpose. Also, many Internet cafes are already opened to the public and many other ones are going to be opened due to the increasing need of the people.
Women wear non-transparent, loose garments covering all their bodies except for the hands and face. Color is a free choice, but red, orange, pink or similar colors are not put on during national or private sad occasions. Black is not a must. Chador is not a must either, but when it comes to visit a holy mausoleum and you have the opportunity to experience wearing a chador for a few minutes, do not skip the opportunity to feel the atmosphere. Men put on non-transparent garments too. They may wear short-sleeve shirts or T-shirts (unlike women), but not shorts in the public. The choice of color is the same for men as well. Due to the heat of the Sun and in order to protect your skin, I would not recommend wearing short sleeve shirts. If you do, do not forget to put on some Sun block cream on your skin. But, it is your choice!
The roads are asphalted and the maintenance is regularly done. There are highways in many routes and separate lanes to and from cities to safeguard transportations. As a matter of fact, contrary to many tourists' expectations, roads are of very good quality. If you choose to travel overland instead of taking a flight, you can see a lot of landscape, meet the people in the intact rural areas and experience the real life situations in addition to many other opportunities you will not find inside cities. For instance, Iranian guides can take possible opportunities to arrange picnic meals for you.